The Michigan Realtors® Leadership Academy develops leaders who have demonstrated leadership potential through job-related and community activities, creating a network of industry experts across the state who are actively involved in improving our Association and profession.
Objectives of the Michigan Realtors® Leadership Academy:
- To identify emerging Realtor® leaders and potential Association leadership
- To empower those individuals to maximize their leadership potential
- To encourage those individuals to effectively participate in Association committee/leadership roles
- To ensure those individuals are avid advocates for the real estate industry
Who should apply?
Ideally, applicants may have served on the Local Realtor® level and/or have potentially had some experience at the state (Michigan Realtors®) or national (NAR) level. Applicants will have demonstrated an energetic commitment to expand their knowledge and involvement in the industry.
As only a limited number of participants will be selected annually, applicants who are not selected for a given year are encouraged to reapply in subsequent years.
What is the commitment?
There are four sessions throughout 2017:
- February 13-14, 2017 – Detroit, MI – Leadership: Team-Building, Networking, Conflict Resolution, Placemaking
- April 25-26, 2017 – Lansing, MI – Advocacy: Legislative Issues, Government Affairs, Media Relations
- Mid-July, 2017 (2 days) – Kalamazoo, MI to Chicago, IL – Governance: Association Leadership, Effective Meeting Management, Finance, Energizing Your Association
- September 26-27, 2017 – Grand Rapids, MI – Finale: Goal Setting, Communication, Graduation
Attendance is mandatory at all 4 sessions. If a participant misses one session, the session can be attended the following year; however, they will not graduate until the following year.
How do I apply?
We have closed the application process for the class of 2017. Thank you to all who applied.
Andrea Bretz, Project Manager
Jennifer Morden, Project Specialist